1. What's your earliest childhood memory? How old were you? I recall my mom opening our pantry door when I was perhaps three and seeing a bunch of baby mice come running out when she swept a broom around at the back (she must have known they were there). They ran in different directions, under the refrigerator or stove. I cried about them getting lost, but my mom assured me they would all find each other and their mommy outside and find a new home. Actually, I still hope they did.
2. Who do you like for president right now? If you are unimpressed by the choices, what kind of person do you wish was running? Why? Obama seems intriguing, but I'll see how he holds up for the next fifteen months (or maybe six, if he's unlucky). A couple of years ago, I would have said McCain because he seemed so free from partisan control, but his charisma and appeal has dried up for some reason. I would love to see someone who didn't have to pander to the extreme right or left in order to win the nomination--won't happen though.
3. What is your best quality? Wow! This one reminds me of all the ridiculous self-glorifying essays I had to write with grad school applications;) I would say I can be empathetic (or just extremely sympathetic?). I also don't keep grudges, although at times I wish I could...
4. What movie have you seen more than any other? What's the reason? Probably either Ferris Bueller's Day Off or Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. I started loving these movies when I was younger, and while I don't watch either all that often now, both still have witty and intelligent scripts and good acting (even Keanu!). I particularly love the history jokes in Bill and Ted's.
5. Of your family members, with whom are you the closest? Who are you the most and least like? I'm closest to my mom, who I'm most like. We're both on the shy side, sensitive, and have a warped sense of humor. I'm least like my dad, who I consider judgmental and insensitive. Unfortunately, living at home has made me lose even more respect for him. But we get along all right, I guess.